Editor's Review of Zoosk
Zoosk is a global dating site that provides a personalizable dating experience for its users. It helps singles find the right match through their behavioral matchmaking technology. According to their website, they have over 35 million users spread across 80 countries with 25 languages, making it the No 1 most grossed dating app on the Apple store.
Sign-Up and Login Process
Signing up or logging into Zoosk is pretty straight forward. Since they were once an app on Facebook, new users are allowed to sign up using their Facebook account. This method automatically integrates their Facebook details into the app.
You can also create an account by manually filling up your details such as date of birth, email address, and your sexual interest. Alternatively, you can also signup and login using your Google account.
Zoosk specializes in one-on-one interaction. With its 35 million audiences, it requires that new users become premium members to use most of its features. Since it an app that came from Facebook, it retains some of Facebook features such as the friend request feature. It also utilizes the famous Tinder-like and love and dislike feature. This helps the algorithm guess your preference and gives you better matches.
- Search; One of Zoosk's key features is the ability for users to manually search for a potential match. With the search column, you can tailor your search by age, location, and gender.
- They also provide an option on the members' profile, which allows users to post questions for other members to answer. This is a great way to gauge people that share your interests.
- Another key feature of Zoosk is its ability for members to be able to choose the volume of data they would like to add on their profile. Users can stick to basic information or go all out to get the best match.
- Since you have to purchase coins to use main features such as purchasing virtual gifts, Zoosk offers it's members the ability to earn free coins by performing tasks. Tasks include liking their page on Facebook, referring a friend, and more.
Safety and Security
Because of the ease in creating an account, there are quite a number of fake profiles on Zoosk. The platform has three ways of verifying its member's identity and gifting them verified badge on their profile image. You can do so by providing your phone number, photo, or twitter.
When using the photo method, you are given a few instructions. First, you have to hold your smartphone at arm's length and press record when prompted. The site will then ask you to turn your head to the right and then left as if you take mugshots. Once concluded, your photo is sent to an administrator, who makes sure your "video" lines up with the one on your profile. Although it takes some time, you can now rest easy knowing your matches are real (or at least verified) when you see that green checkmark on their photo.
- Zoosk caters to a dynamic and large audience. The websites offer her service to gay, lesbian, and straight individuals spread across 80 countries.
- It is compatible with all devices. Android, iPhone, and windows.
- It is easy to spot verified profiles.
- Unlike some of her competitions, Zoosk is limited to 80 countries.
- There isn't much you can do as a free user, as you have to pay for basic features such as messages.
- Subscriptions are on the high side.